The MACC grilled former deputy prime minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi for close to nine hours at the commission's headquarters in Putrajaya today and is expected to continue questioning him tomorrow.
Media members who had been waiting since he entered the building at 9.20am were left empty-handed when Zahid turned down a request to hold a media conference when he exited the building at about 5.40pm.
"No PC (press conference) today," he said.
Zahid, who is Umno president, appeared calm and shook hands with some of the media members as he walked towards his car.
A high-ranking MACC source said Zahid will be summoned again tomorrow.
"We haven't finished recording his statement. He will be summoned again tomorrow," said the source.
However, when asked if he would be summoned again tomorrow, Zahid smiled and said: "I will choose my date and time".
Zahid's daughter Nurulhidayah, Ahmad Zahid and his brother Mohd Nasaee Ahmad Tarmizi had earlier left the MACC headquarters at 4.50pm.
Nurulhidayah had denied she was probed by the graft busters, saying she was there to offer supporter for her father.
Zahid later tweeted a photo of him travelling back home in his car, together with Nurulhidayah.
This was Zahid's third visit to the MACC headquarters.
He was summoned by the MACC twice in July.
His meeting with the graft-busters on July 2 was in relation to the alleged RM2.6 billion donation by the Saudi royalty deposited into the former premier Najib Abdul Razak's personal account.
Zahid claimed that in 2015, he met the chief investment officer and wealth trustee of the family behind the donation.
On July 3, Zahid returned to the MACC for the second time to have his statement recorded over the Yayasan Akal Budi funds.
It was reported that RM800,000 from the foundation's funds were allegedly used to pay the credit card bills of the Umno chief and his wife.
Zahid admitted that the funds were used to clear credit card debts but claimed that this was due to a mistake by his officer.