Najib's supporters once again barred from entering KL court complex

  • Aug 11, 2018
  • Views 63

Image Description

A small group of former prime minister Najib Abdul Razak’s supporters was once again prevented from entering the Jalan Duta court complex this morning.

The group of less than 10 people had intended to show their support for Najib, who was present for the hearing session on his bid to extend the interim gag order issued related to his seven charges linked to SRC International.

A Najib supporter from Bentong, Rajendran Yenkaiah, questioned the rationale behind a decision by the police to prevent them from rallying in solidarity with a “much beloved” leader.

“They (authorities) said we could not go in because of orders from the top. Who gave the orders? We are all Malaysians…

“I have a blue IC, I’m not an immigrant…Why can’t I go in?” said Rajendran who proceeded to take out his MyKad.

The group proceeded to wait outside the main gate from about 9am under close watch by the police.

As the morning session adjourned for lunch, Najib’s white Toyota MPV was spotted leaving the court complex.

The group moved towards the vehicle and shouted “Hidup Datuk Najib!” and “Hancur Pakatan!”

They also yelled at the authorities who stood guard, “Maha Zalim!” “penakut!” and “pengecut!”

Umno Supreme Council member Lokman Noor Adam had on Wednesday similarly hit out at the authorities after he and his group of around 20 supporters were also prevented from entering the court complex.

Najib came to court to face three new SRC International-linked charges for money laundering under the Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorism Financing and Proceeds of Unlawful Activities Act 2001.

He had on July 4 claimed trial at the High Court to three counts for criminal breach of trust and one for abusing his power as finance minister and prime minister in relation to the RM42 million fund under SRC International Sdn Bhd, a former subsidiary of 1MDB.

At the time, Lokman and a larger group of Najib’s supporters were allowed into the court’s main lobby but they later triggered a ruckus as they demanded attorney-general Tommy Thomas to hold his press conference in Malay instead of English.